Caps demise premature

3/14/2011 10:04:08 AM
FalconFamily
3/14/2011 10:04:08 AM Report Abuse

It looks like those harping on the Caps demise were a little premature. A few weeks ago all you heard was how bad the Caps are and how they will be lucky to even make the playoffs. If they did they would certainly be out in the first round. Coach needs to go! GM needs to go! Ovee has lost it!

I'm not saying they are going to win the cup or anything but what a difference a few weeks and some key trades make. What are the expectations? I expect to be in the Eastern Conference Finals at least.

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
UnitedSkins
3/14/2011 10:57:39 AM Report Abuse

Toward the end of the 8 game losing streak, I said that if they didn't turn things around soon, that they might want to do a little house cleaning. The thread I started was titled "Bruce Boudreau might need to go," not "Bruce Boudreau needs to go." He has turned it around, fortunately, and at least at this point, it's looking like Jason Arnott and Dennis Wideman were great pickups. Sturm hasn't been as impressive as those two, but he adds depth, especially on the penalty kill, and hasn't really done anything bad since he's been here.

It's really tough to say where I think they'll go. The last few weeks, playing like they've been playing, I'd say they could win the whole thing. But, you never know when you'll run into a hot goaltender, or when Semin decides that he doesn't want to play anymore, or when Varly or Neuvy will decide to let in 5 goals. There isn't a team in the East that we can't beat in a 7 game series and there isn't a team in the East that can't beat us in a 7 game series. We'll see what happens. But, winning 7 straight without Backstrom, Green, Varly, and Neuvy for part of it is really damn impressive.

Bando
3/14/2011 12:01:09 PM Report Abuse

I think the lesson to learn from last season and this whole season is not to make sweeping predictions or create expecations in either direction.  They never turn out as we believe they will. 

Let the season play itself out before reaching conclusions.  This team could go to the Cup or it could lose in the first round --- just as the last poster indicated.  They proved this last year in the playoffs and during the eight game losing streak in December, when they absolutely stunk.  Now they've won eight in a row and look unstoppable.  Who is the real team?  The asnswer is we have NO idea.

The Caps have been on every extreme and in between, and that is why every fan in town has no idea about thow this team will perform in April.

urbanicon
3/14/2011 1:20:33 PM Report Abuse

Who would you most want to see in round 1? I think they match up best with buffalo, and they would play buffalo if the playoffs started today so there you go. Tampa, NYR, and obviously montreal all look like potential disaster scenario's to me, The first round in the east is gonna be a blood bath for everybody.

syr14
3/14/2011 4:27:41 PM Report Abuse

after last year and halak i don't think any caps fan should want to see ryan miller in round 1. 

the team heading into the playoffs this year is much better than last year's. arnott makes such a big difference on the power play. and this is one of the biggest reasons for the streak that they're on. rest backstrom, let his thumb get to 100% no need to bring him back when the team has been winning like this.

holtby has been great but there is no way he is the goaltender for this team in the pllayoffs. neuvy should be getting healthy. and who knows about varly but getting the whole team healthy should be the priority at this point.

the contract situation at the end of the year should be interesting.

UnitedSkins
3/14/2011 5:28:40 PM Report Abuse

The Rangers are a weird team and I really wouldn't like to see them in the playoffs. They're probably the most inconsistent team in the league. A lot of times they look invincible (6-0 over the Caps, 7-0 over the Flyers, 7-0 over the Maple Leafs), and a lot of times they look like they can't beat anybody. They sure have seemed to have the Caps number this season, though. The Caps are strengthening their grip on the Southeast, and I think they'll end up winning it. Their first round matchup is probably going to be either Buffalo or New York. In that case, I'd rather have Buffalo.

urbanicon
3/14/2011 7:47:09 PM Report Abuse

I agree homie, and by the way miller is not the same player he was in 2008 or the olympics, he's had a shaky season until recently, you could aruge that all three of our goalies have been better. Buffalo is a fast team that can score but they dont play great defense and they wont overwhelm anybody on the powerplay or PK. The caps PK might literally be perfect in a series with them, and the way they've been winning tight games lately tells me they could absolutely run buffalo with a defense-first game plan. fingers crossed we draw the sabres.

syr14
3/14/2011 8:23:52 PM Report Abuse

miller's numbers are down this year (which has a lot to do with buffalo not having as strong a team) but he is definitely the same player. playoffs are a different story and i would prefer not to see one of the league's best talents in net in the first round. if the caps do draw buffalo, they do match up well enough to win the series but we all know that goaltending can steal a series.

be careful what you wish for.

urbanicon
3/14/2011 9:03:11 PM Report Abuse

sounds very spooky.. really though its interesting you jump to defend a guy thats clearly been a big part of the problem in buffalo this year, considering its basically the same team that finished third in the east a year ago plus a few veterans like leopold and niedermayer. I wont link to one of the so called experts but feel free to look up how many of them have been harping on miller for having a sub-par regular season. obviously he's an above average goalie but if they draw buffalo in the first round im not worried about the caps being able to score on him, especailly since they dont depend on 4-5 goals a game to win this year. "one of the league's best talents" would be a serious stretch based on how he's played.

In space, no one can hear you scream.

(Sometimes I forget to end each post with a movie-poster reference, thanks for reminding me)

syr14
3/14/2011 9:55:16 PM Report Abuse

big part of the problem? not exactly the "same team." derek roy is their best player and they're playing without him...done for the year.

ryan miller is a top 3 talent in net in this league. it is crazy to argue otherwise because of one less than stellar season. 

playoffs is all goaltending. you seem like you know a few things about the NHL...surprised you are going so far as to say you want to see miller. a bit crazy...

UnitedSkins
3/14/2011 10:33:08 PM Report Abuse

No matter what happens, the Caps are going to be playing a tough goalie in the first round. The way I see it, there are really only four possible first-round matchups for the Capitals. New York (Lundqvist), Buffalo (Miller), Montreal (Price), and Pittsburgh (Fleury).

No matter who the Caps end up with in the first round, they're going to be playing a team with an outstanding goalie that could steal a series if he gets hot. To me, the best matchup for us of those teams is Buffalo. We're 2-0-1 against them and I think we could easily dictate tempo and pace against their lineup. Honestly, of those four, I'd least like to see the Rangers in the first round. Yes, I'd rather see the Penguins than the Rangers in the first round. We went 1-2-1 against them and the two regulation losses were the Caps' two worst-played games of the season, and Lundqvist has been a monster against the Caps this year, stopping 85 of 89 shots he's faced, including two shutouts.

Moral of the story, every playoff team has a great goalie. Don't tell the guy he doesn't know anything about hockey because he wants the team with the goalie that is having the worst year statistically among the goalies we could potentially face.

syr14
3/14/2011 10:49:42 PM Report Abuse

didn't say he didn't know anything about hockey. i said the opposite. 

i realize every team has a good goaltender. i also realize playoffs is goaltending. i wouldn't feel great about any of these potential teams because every one of them has a tender with the potential to put their team on their back and completely shut the door on the caps. i'm just saying people should be a little nervous having to see miller round 1, regardless of his numbers this year. 

urbanicon
3/14/2011 11:31:50 PM Report Abuse

not to stir the pot anymore, but totally to keep stirring it, I'd rather see Miller than (West included) :

Carey Price

Tim Thomas

Roberto Luongo

Jonathan Quick

Henrik Lundqvist

Marc-Andre Fleury

Ilya Bryzgalov

Niklas Backstrom

Antti Niemi

Sergei Bobrovsky

Michael Neuvirth (you bet)

Jonas Hiller

Kari Lehtonen

Tomas Vokoun

Dwayne Roloson

Cam Ward

All of them are better in every measurable this year, Im not blind to the fact that goalies can heat up at times, but top 3?? You gotta join me in reality on that one.

syr14
3/15/2011 11:08:02 AM Report Abuse

why do you look at stats so much? was halak at the top of the charts last season? he wasn't. lundqvist the year before was not having that notable of a season. yet both completely shut the door on the capitals. 

your list is just laughable. quit looking at the stat pages. they are not what make and break a goalie. the olympics were just last year, did miller magically get worse from 1 year ago. no. 

syr14
3/15/2011 11:14:39 AM Report Abuse

i bet you would put ovechkin in the top 3 goal-scorers in the league, without pause. yet this year he is nowhere near top 3. (he's 16th). of course he is a top 3 talent, and many will say he is still the best goal scorer in the game despite what the numbers say.

your argument is just stupid i'm sorry.

urbanicon
3/15/2011 12:35:36 PM Report Abuse

I mean, call me old school but arent stats a good way to gague how well somebody is playing? Like I dont know what parallel universe youre getting your ryan miller scouting report from, but in this one he lets in more goals and has a worse save percentage than any of the goalies I listed. I realize that a year and a half ago Miller was a trendy player and people liked to argue that he was the best in the game, but notice that past successes didnt stop me from leaving Martin Brodeur off this list. You know why I left him out? Because he's having a terrible season. Same with miller. And by the way if you asked me to rank the best scorers in the game this season, Ovechkin would not be in the top ten, not even close, because again he hasnt performed like a top ten scorer this year.

When I say that I would rather see Miller than any of those goalies, I say it because I actually would. Im not just leaning on stats to decide who's better, Im saying all of those goalies have literally played better (a lot of them for worse teams) than Miller this whole year. I cant tell if youre being a miller fanboy because he's american or because he lives in new york too, but either way you're living in 2008. It's like saying the redskins should never have cut larry johnson cause he ran for 1000 yards in '07. Things done changed, and Miller is simply not as good as he was in the past. Dont jump to conclusions just because you dont recognize some of the goalies from the West, I realize you dont get to see them play a lot but trust me, Miller is a middle of the pack keeper in that conference too.

ngman12
3/15/2011 1:12:49 PM Report Abuse

To base your opinion of a player based on stats is just stupid. When it comes to the playoffs, I would take the better player over anyone who just happens to be having a career year. There is an intangible side of the game that cannot be counted in goals scored or GAA. I think it is great that you looked up all those goalies that have better stats than miller this year, but how many of them have carried a team like Miller has in the past? Hey, Matt Moulson has more goals than Ovechkin this year. Do you want to tell me if you have a game seven you will take Moulson over Ovie? And if you answer yes, you are only doing so to stick to your opinion, despite knowing full well you would take Ovie. In the playoffs, I would rather have a great player in a down year over an average player who had a great regular season. 

urbanicon
3/15/2011 1:14:12 PM Report Abuse

And my argument is stupid? I mean you're asking me about ryan miller and im pointing to every available piece of evidence to prove that he's a mediocre goalie this year. You're telling me he's in the top 3, and as evidence you're pointing to the fact that you think he's really good.

syr14
3/15/2011 1:23:27 PM Report Abuse

Just because somebody is not in the top of a statistical category doesn't mean that they don't have top talent. Ryan Miller is arguably the best goaltender in the world. He wouldn't have played the way he did in the olympics if he wasn't. (this was just last year in 2010, not 2008). Hardly living in the past. Miller didn't get worse overnight. He didn't lose talent. He didn't get too old like Brodeur.

While you were looking at your stats last season scouting other teams' goalies, I guess you weren't worried about Halak. It is silly to look at stats alone and ignore other factors. 

Ovechkin this year has certainly fallen behind Crosby and maybe even Stamkos in the argument for best player in the game. He is not having a top 5 season statistically, but everyone realizes he's a top player in the world despite this. This season doesn't change that. It is ridiculous that you are arguing this. You are trying your hardest to prove me wrong and failing miserably. Your redskins analogy wasn't close.....at all. And trying to suggest I am not familiar with talent in the Western conference was a nice touch, completely unrelated to the discussion. Sweet bro.

syr14
3/15/2011 1:43:40 PM Report Abuse

What is especially funny is if this argument was taking place last season, you would be saying a goalie like Miller is the last person you would want to see in round 1. Being that he had the BEST numbers last season. Despite being ranked atop the "all important and special" stats categories, he lost in the first round...

Once again, your argument is pathetic.

ngman12
3/15/2011 2:14:30 PM Report Abuse

Yeah, I do think he is really good. Lets look at where he has been across the board the past five years. While this year he has been statistically down, if you watched the Sabres, you would know it is not necessarily his fault. They lost two top five defensmen this offseason, and while younger defensmen are coming into their own now, earlier in the season they struggled in clearing out the crease and eliminating rebound opportunities. Miller still stands on his head and makes the same incredible saves he did last year. BTW, I know its not the same sport, but take a look at this article before you start throwing around statistics as the only parameter to judge a player.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/26901/sheer-luck-buoyed-mark-sanchezs-stats

ngman12
3/15/2011 2:17:39 PM Report Abuse

And Miller has not been the same since the 07-08 season? Correct me if I am wrong, because you clearly are a hockey genius, but is the Vezina trophy not awarded to the most outstanding goalie? The committee must have just been lagging a couple years when they gave it to Miller last year...

urbanicon
3/15/2011 2:03:48 PM Report Abuse

haha alright let me put this thing to rest. In the hockey world you are what's called a fanboy. I don't mean it to be disrespcetful, but more of a reality check because I realize that you love being a contrarian on here and I want to help you. When I say fanboy, I mean you watched the olympics last year, got really exicted and caught up in watching the US advance to the gold medal game, and decided then and there that you thought ryan miller was the best goalie in the world. At the time, you still would not have been right. Miller played well in the olympics, but more than anything the US won because people underestimated the strength of some of our grinder forwards like backes, kesler, and parise.

As far as the "argument" that you're making to support this conviction, you're telling me that Miller is a top 3 goalie and giving me no reason other than the fact that you think youre right and you think im wrong. Youre taking each point I make and saying it's wrong, but not giving me a reason. It's like arguing with somebody that believes in creationsim, like I understand that you think Ryan Miller is awesome, but its a two way street here. Why is he so good? Is it because he's in the middle of the pack in every statistical category for goalies? Is it because he hasn't been the same player in the NHL since his team won the presidents' trophy in 07-08? I mean, you gotta give me something to work with here besides your comparison to halak, which im sorry to tell you doesnt work because halak didnt play until the end of the season last year, and people knew he would be good. Youve got a lot of spunk, cuse, but unfortunately your lack of knowledge tends to undermine the points that you feel really strongly about, and this would not be the first time. Maybe the bottom line here is that it will take more than one bad season from Miller for your subconscious to convince itself that your favorite goalie isnt as good as he used to be, but I dont have time to wait that long.

UnitedSkins
3/15/2011 2:18:40 PM Report Abuse

This argument is so staggeringly irrelevant. Regular season and the playoffs are two completely different beasts, and as I've said previously, any one of the goaltenders the Capitals could potentially face in the first round is both beatable and capable of stealing a series if they get hot. It's really about picking your poison. I don't think anyone is happy that we may have to play Miller in the first round, but it's not like Lundqvist, Fleury, of Price would be any different. The Penguins have a Stanley Cup because Fleury only let in 1 goal both of the last two games of their series with the Red Wings. Price has been a monster this year and has a good defense around him. Lundqvist leads the league in shutouts. And, urbanicon, you can't say that Miller isn't one of the most talented goalies in the league, despite his numbers being subpar this year. When looking at potential goaltending matchups, it's really a lose-lose-lose-lose. I don't understand why you guys seem to have your panties in such a twist about it.

syr14
3/15/2011 2:20:46 PM Report Abuse

I'm not being the contrarion for the sake of being a contrarion. Based on your argument you would be saying the exact opposite of Miller if we were having this discussion last year based on his stats, am I wrong? Please tell me I'm wrong, so that I can call you a hypocrite.

He didn't have as good of a year this year, his stats slipped, and so now he's a sieve, and we want to see him in the playoffs? Give me a break. You say I don't point to anything when I tell you you're wrong. I point to the Olympics, the biggest stage you can possibly play on as a hockey player. His performances there, and various performances in his career in the NHL tell me, and everyone else who is half-way knowledgable about the sport that he is one of, if not the best, goalies in the game. 

You are the one being the contrarion. I am no "fan boy." I'm a fan of hockey before I am a fan of the Capitals. I know a thing or two about this sport. You have no argument besides one season's worth of stats. Absolutely none. That's a pretty small sample. The guy won the vezina trophy last year. I think that holds a little more weight than your pathetic sample of a little more than half a season.

Pick a different battle, this battle is over and cannot be won for you.

syr14
3/15/2011 2:24:20 PM Report Abuse

The only reason this argument is taking place is because urbanicon started making his ridiculous claims. I realize it is pointless....I said earlier that I wouldn't be happy facing any of those potential goalies.

Urbanicon went out of his way to try to prove me wrong and failed miserably, sorry bud.

urbanicon
3/15/2011 3:04:53 PM Report Abuse

And using his newfound powers, cuse will next prove definitively that God exists by telling everyone that he really really really believes it. I mean come on dude, the real reason this argument is going on is that you tried to tell me you wouldnt want to see the sabres in the first place (because you tend to disagree with someone every time you make a post on here), when they're clearly the opponent that an informed person would most want the caps to draw in round 1. I pointed out that Miller has not been the same player this year (not even close) to what he's been in the past, and away we went from there. I made the reasonable, and correct claim that the sabres would be a good draw, especially given that miller has been weak this year, and clearly I offended your presupposition that he's the best goalie in the world. Ill admit that we went off on a complete tangent here, but maybe its becaue its hard to find the middle ground with you when youre the biggest sh*t talker on this website. If you want my advice, watch a few games that the caps arent playing in and tell me that right now miller is a better goalie than luongo, price, quick, thomas, or bryzgalov. I mean top 3?? Is this real life? Lets just say that a good rule of thumb on here is dont come at me with sadness like this because you argue like a pissed off valley girl when somebody calls you on being wrong (which is just about every time you post). And contrarion isnt a word, public school 1, gonzaga 0.

syr14
3/15/2011 3:17:04 PM Report Abuse

How many times does it need to be said that a down year does not make a player less talented? I'm not the only one saying it in this thread....you have a beef with me specifically, cool, I don't care. Thanks for your advice but I watch NHL hockey close to every night, I know what I'm talking about. You do not watch more hockey than me, I can guarantee that. There are certainly some goaltenders that are having a better year. That does not solely make them more talented than Miller. There are MANY other factors than just looking at GAA and Save%. Which is apparently all you do.

If i thought I was anywhere close to being wrong on this subject I would have stopped posting long ago. Take a look at ngman's comments. I reckon you haven't since you only have a problem with mine. 

p.s. Ryan Miller has as many Vezina trophies as the rest of your list combined.

syr14
3/15/2011 3:23:44 PM Report Abuse

you called Zach Parise and Ryan Kesler "grinders" earlier in this thread. I think that contradicts your claim that you are "informed."

urbanicon
3/15/2011 3:36:52 PM Report Abuse

wow, an excellent point cuse. let me rethink my entire position now.

At the risk of validating what you just said, let me clarify that I was making a statement about the identity of that team, which was a fast, hard-nosed forecheck led by guys like those two, along with callahan kane drury and so on. They beat canada in the round robin because their style of play on the offensive end caught a high and mighty all star team off guard. So forgive me for using the term "grinders," obviously both of those guys are scorers and obviously they're not fourth line energy players like you mistook me for meaning. Take a look at the goal kesler scored to ice that first game against canada and tell me it wasnt a gritty type of play. Again, what a great point you made there.

syr14
3/15/2011 3:49:39 PM Report Abuse

You could have said what you just said in your last post but you chose to call them grinders, which tells me you're not all that informed. I know the style of play helped the US win games, but every bit of their success was equally due to the level of goaltending Miller was providing. You don't beat Canada with average goaltending, you don't beat Canada with just a good gameplan on offense. You don't give credit to Miller for the States' success in Vancouver and that is just a complete joke. You think the US ends up with Silver with Quick or Thomas (2 guys on your list) in net? Yeah.......right.

urbanicon
3/15/2011 4:08:48 PM Report Abuse

This was never about me giving him his due credit for the olympics. Obviously he played well, made a bunch of saves in every game. But you're hinging this whole idea that he's simply in a slump this year on how well he played in the olympics, how recent this was (over a full year ago now), and how his success last year means that he is still the best goalie in the league this year. Of course Miller was good in the olympics, but so was the entire young US team. Youre once again making a point by trying to prove a negative (that quick and thomas couldnt have got those wins, when neither of them played so how could you know?), and once again you're talking about his past accomplishments. Im talking about this year. You keep mentioning Halak, notice hes not on my list because he's not good this year. Brodeur (Vezina runner up a year ago if I remember right) is not on my list cause he's not good this year. Miller was great last year, but couldnt carry his team past a six seed in the playoffs. Miller is mediocre this year, and therefore I'd prefer to see his sabres in the first round than any of the other candidates in the east, because theyve all been better. That was the point you disagreed with in the first place, and its the point you're still wrong about.

ngman12
3/15/2011 4:13:59 PM Report Abuse

You are getting away from your original point that Miller is not good any more. You know what, seeing as though he has had a down year despite being great every other year since he came into the league, I am going to side with you. It is proven that if you have one down year, you are done. Tim Thomas won the Vezina 2 years ago, but lost his job last year. He then showed again this year that his career is done. (Sarcasm off)

urbanicon
3/15/2011 4:20:45 PM Report Abuse

Getting away from my original point? I dont think so chief. Here's the first thing I said when cuse told me 'no caps fan should want to see ryan miller in the first round.'

"I agree homie (directed at unitedskins), and by the way miller is not the same player he was in 2008 or the olympics, he's had a shaky season until recently, you could aruge that all three of our goalies have been better."

You gonna disagree with that?

I know its a long thread but keep up.

urbanicon
3/15/2011 4:25:06 PM Report Abuse

and thats an (sarcasm on) awesome (sarcasm off) picture under your handle there. Tells me you must be a big sports guy (ok sarcasm was still on). (feeling sorry for you, on)

urbanicon
3/15/2011 4:28:13 PM Report Abuse

attractive draw? fine, that would be a bad choice of words, and I dont have a problem saying that since theyre yours and not mine. The best draw out of the available options? absolutely, which is why I said it in the first place, and why I continue to be amazed that you cant see it that way. (flame on)

syr14
3/15/2011 4:30:58 PM Report Abuse

There is no "best draw." All of the goaltenders we could potentially face are capable. Suggesting Miller is the best draw because of his regular season numbers is moronic. 

urbanicon
3/15/2011 4:33:29 PM Report Abuse

oh my god, you just made my day. you just made my week.

"Please tell me you are not inferring ( Which means to conclude from evidence or premises, in case you did not know) that this is what you are trying to communicate."

In the sentence above, I would be "implying," somthing that I'm trying to communicate. I havent seen an argument backfire that hard since glen beck went on his rant about the moon. amazing, thank you.

Toby: Aren't the suggestions meant for you?
Michael Scott: Well... Toby, if you are inferring that I have B.O. then that would be a very poor choice of words.
Creed: Michael, he wasn't inferring, he was implying. You were inferring.
Michael Scott: Was I, Creed?

ngman12
3/15/2011 4:37:10 PM Report Abuse

You are correct, I inferred based on your implying. However, a good sign you are losing an arguement is pointing out gramtical errors completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. Point, Griffindor

urbanicon
3/15/2011 4:37:17 PM Report Abuse

And now that this argument has sufficiently dissolved into one guy trying to show off his grammar by using incorrect grammar, and me and cuse coming full circle to realize that this whole thing was a question of semantics (which you started, by the way) Im officially checking out. You two are on fire and I cant keep up, Im gonna go get dinner then watch the caps play. This has been a real treat, and I want to especially thank my man for the grammar lesson.

syr14
3/15/2011 4:39:46 PM Report Abuse

Haha it is fun coming full-circle and exposing you in the process, good day. Go caps.

urbanicon
3/15/2011 4:47:35 PM Report Abuse

o yeah you got me cuse, I already knew that you could endlessly disagree with people, its what you do as the resident troll on these threads. I also knew that what you lack in knowledge you make up for with a true gift for always being sure you are right. And dont tell me harry potter over here contributed to your "side" of this argument, the kid screams of "I started watching hockey a year ago but I am a big Rowling fan so I'll chime in here." enjoy losing to marquette

urbanicon
3/15/2011 4:51:34 PM Report Abuse

haha that was a burn and a half ngman. I applaud your energy, just as I applauded when snape killed dumbledore. game over, thanks for playin

syr14
3/15/2011 5:02:49 PM Report Abuse

To be honest you scream as someone who had just started watching the caps when they started to win 07-08. One of the "new" hockey fans of the DC area buying up tix shooting up prices for season ticket holders. Majority of caps fans are not knowledgable about the game. Not as bad as some teams but it is very painful having to educate constantly. Maybe some day this community will get 'there' but we are not close right now. Not at all.

ngman12
3/15/2011 5:24:01 PM Report Abuse

I have been watching hockey since before you started watching anime porn. To just assume such a thing shows me you don't really know me; just like Harry does not really know his parents, or you don't really know what being loved feels like.

urbanicon
3/15/2011 5:55:29 PM Report Abuse

haha cuse it tickles me that you played hockey at gonzaga (I guess, I hope?) so you think this makes you some kind of an expert. Ill tell you one thing ive noticed in this area is that kids who grow up playing fake high school hockey automatically think that qualifies them to know the game. Trust me bro, you are the equivalent of a canadian kid that grew up playing football, it dont mean diddly.  My family has had season tickets since 1995, not that it matters.

Once again ndman is just dropping bombs on here, zingers and snappers over and over again. just so you know I started watching anime porn a long ass time ago, and I still watch more hockey, and you remain, as before, about as funny as the great depression. keep up the good work.

syr14
3/15/2011 5:59:13 PM Report Abuse

Let's not get into our own personal background and experience actually playing the game. I doubt you really want to go there....

ngman12
3/15/2011 6:05:52 PM Report Abuse

Listen, BRO, you are not bi-winning this arguement. I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground. And BTW, my grandmother thinks I am really funny, so have fun arguing that one.

MikeSellers45
3/16/2011 12:43:19 PM Report Abuse

Aww, ngman and UrbanIcon you guys are just two peas inna pod, so cute together.  Urban, maybe you should ask ngman's parent's permission to take him to the grade school dance, buy him a pop, and maybe hold his hand on the way home.  Ahh, young love.  By the way, "(scarcasm on)" sad dude, sad.  Use italics. 

Now, it doesn't matter what goale we're set to face in the playoffs right now or what seed and what team we're gonna play/lose too in round one.  What we can worry about is winning the games left in the season.  Worry about gettin Bakstrom and Arnott healthy and keeping a high level of play.

If you guys said that somewhere up there, I didn't read it cuz ya'll are so god damn petty.

ngman12
3/15/2011 4:41:52 PM Report Abuse

I think by "get dinner" you mean sit in a dark room wondering why your life is the punchline of everyone you know; and "watch the caps play" really means contemplate even continuing your pathetic journey to death. Have fun, "checking out" friend.

ngman12
3/15/2011 4:43:47 PM Report Abuse

*contemplating....sorry grammar police.

syr14
3/15/2011 4:20:52 PM Report Abuse

The point that YOU are wrong about is that Miller, based on his stats, makes him an attractive draw in the playoffs, knowing full well what he is capable of. Why you are so obsessed with regular season statistics is beyond me. They mean nothing when it comes to playoff goaltending. Miller was the top goalie statistically last year and lost in the first round. This dissproves your entire argument. End of story. 

Playoffs are a different animal. Everyone who knows anything knows this. Everyone saw what Ryan Miller can do last year. You suggest that since he is down this year that he is not the same goalie, ignoring VARIOUS other factors. Fine, but you are alone on an island on this one. By my count it's 3 vs. 1 in this thread.

ngman12
3/15/2011 4:27:53 PM Report Abuse

"Why is he so good? Is it because he's in the middle of the pack in every statistical category for goalies? Is it because he hasn't been the same player in the NHL since his team won the presidents' trophy in 07-08?"

I am sorry, UrbanIcon, I should point you in the direction of your own quote that I am responding to. By original point, I meant ultimate arguement, which is that you believe Miller is not that good anymore. Please tell me you are not inferring ( Which means to conclude from evidence or premises, in case you did not know) that this is what you are trying to communicate.

ngman12
3/15/2011 4:31:06 PM Report Abuse

Don't be jealous that I am a wizard and have magical powers. See me in quidditch any day you silly muggle.

New Comment

You must confirm your email to post in the forums.
You must login to report abuse. Close