View:
Sort:

2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/12/2017 2:43:51 PM

Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/12/2017 2:54:13 PM
@DCSportsFan.com

wow, looks pretty stacked.

How is Jones High school?  That is not one of the Florida powerhouses I've heard of before

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
default avatar

Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/14/2017 8:40:32 PM
@FrankCurry

From what I can see on MaxPreps they were 10-2 last year losing in the second round of the Florida 4A playoffs. Looks like a good team. SJC might have over-scheduled. They could be a good team and still start out 1-4 or 0-5 in non-league play.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/17/2017 9:48:59 AM
@tor

I just don't see the point of it but I am old school I admit.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/17/2017 12:25:23 PM
@smdeagles

I understand that they can't get any local teams to play them...for obvious reasons.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/17/2017 6:46:10 PM
@tor

In all fairness, what is the point of playing local teams when your team is made up of those other local teams' players?

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/17/2017 10:57:59 PM
@kjj348

Serious question...how many players at SJC are local transfers? And what schools did they come from?

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/20/2017 4:36:30 PM
@tor

I don't have school names, but a respectable source just told me 12 total transfers are currently expected for football, 8 from within the DC Balto area. 

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/20/2017 7:50:25 PM
@kjj348

Let us know when you or your "credible source" can name one local player or one local school. My " credible sources" tell me that they know of zero local transfers and  maybe 2 or 3 from out of the area. We will see who is closer in time.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/21/2017 6:15:44 AM
@tor

He mentioned several names. I, however, find it highly inappropriate to discuss these kids by name on an internet forum. But hey man, if that's your thing, all the homophobic jokes you've made towards DCJon and i kinda make sense now.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/21/2017 11:00:30 AM
@kjj348

To be fair 8 transfers from the area seems high KJJ. Local kids know what a garbage school it is, why would so many want to transfer there?

default avatar

3/21/2017 2:25:00 PM
@kjj348

Is it inappropriate to mention the school's they are leaving or is this just another of your fairy tales (no pun intended so tell your close friend not to get his panties in a wad 😊😊).

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/21/2017 2:30:34 PM
@tor

Interesting use of the possessive there. I didn't ask about the "school's" they were leaving. Since you know anyway that there are no local transfers, why are you asking? I thought you were so solid in your knowledge on this stuff you wouldn't need any proof? Or, like always, are you full of it and just upset that SJC is being called out for what it is?

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/21/2017 8:42:25 PM
@kjj348

SJC loses a bunch from this year's senior class. If they don't take in a 8+ transfers, they might be in trouble this fall. I've heard the same phone calls are being made around the area and beyond. We'll see how that works out, I guess. The cadets will be playing 4 games(possibly 5) against national top 10 teams in De La Salle(CA), IMG(FLA), St. John Bosco(CA), and DeMatha(2x). You better be able to go 2 deep at every position to have a chance at that. SJR(NJ) is no walk in the park either. DeMatha's most talented team ever took a beating after the Miami Central(FL), American Heritage Plantation(FL), and LaSalle(PA) gauntlet. I can't imagine how SJC is going to feel going in to WCAC play.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/22/2017 9:03:05 AM
@silverbullet

Well, if what other posters have said is correct, and SJC's main goal is to compete for a national championship, then if they win those games, or even just lose one, i bet they come into league play unstoppable. However, if they get whupped by more than one of those teams, especially if it is several of them, watch them roll over and quit. The kind of drive a team needs to get through hardships in a season is almost always built by the coaching staff, and brother, their coaching staff can't do it.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/26/2017 10:08:08 PM
@kjj348

Yea they have a national championship level schedule, for sure. For the league's reputation, I hope they find transfers that fill the hole's of the kids that they have transferring out. A few of the guys on the way out are really going to sting. I guess that's part of the revolving door program deal. Either way, with what SJC has returning now, they will come in to WCAC play limping, hard.

SJC football is going to be it's own thing. It won't resemble DeMatha's "build from within" model, GC's "build from the bottom up with Milloy" route, or Gonzaga's "buy in to the system" set up. SJC will continue to have great freshman classes and lose a lot of those kids along the way while adding through transfer. They will schedule ridiculous competition and win a few huge OOS games. They may even win a championship, finally. But, don't expect a dynasty. There is too much pressure and it takes an extremely talented staff to handle that.

default avatar

Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/18/2017 10:22:05 AM

SJC definitely has some transfers on the team but they're definitely not local. What local school would SJC want to take kids from? SJC aren't playing local teams because there is absolutely no competition besides DeMatha. They're only playing the local schools on this schedule because they have to. 

default avatar

Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/20/2017 4:39:21 PM
@Crazy

Do you think that a team, which may not be up to the same caliber as DM, GC, Gonzaga would be devoid of all talent? Nevermind, I would not be surprised if you think that. However, I think a better question would be why anyone who already was attending a school that was not a large pile of burning rubbish, would decide to leave said school and attend a large pile of burning rubbish.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/20/2017 7:58:02 PM
@kjj348

To play a national schedule, compete for the championship of one of the best leagues in the country and be a part of the recent tradition of dominating their big rival?

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/21/2017 6:12:37 AM
@tor

Glad to see you finally agree with the burning pile of trash thing. BTW, .500 with a squad of mercenaries is not dominating. No wcac championships... ever is not dominating. Speaking of dominating, what happened to the bball team in that last game against their "big rival"? 

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/21/2017 2:18:48 PM
@kjj348

I have no problem stating that Gonzaga basketball had a great season and kicked SJC's butt in the tourney. Why don't you acknowledge that SJC has won 10 of the last 15 in football and whipped the Eagles in the playoffs?

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/21/2017 3:13:17 PM
@tor

5-5 over the past 6-7 years though. For a school that literately has nothing to hang its hat on from an academics standpoint, to go 5-5 against Gonzaga in football over the last 6-7 years isn't anything to brag about. But hey, at least you finally got over that McNamara hump this year.  

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/21/2017 3:19:06 PM
@NewDC_Jon

They also don't have anything to hang their football hat on. They have an abysmal record for a school that emphasizes football over academics. Can you imagine how frustrating it must be to have that kind of record after bringing in that much talent? Even PVI has a wcac football championship. They only beat Gonzaga, a team they should have handled easily, after losing to them the week before (and even then, they only really played in the fourth quarter), and even their most famous football alum was a transfer. Add to that the fact that the school has consistently proven it has no loyalty to the individuals who work there that help improve it, and what you have is a place devoid of tradition and character that honestly feels like it should have a UA stamp on the mid-field paint as opposed to an SJC. It is sad, but not surprising. The last 15 years thing is no more relevant than the last 5. The last 5 no more so than the last 1. And the last 1, you split the games, made the championship, and then lost. What's the overall record?

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/21/2017 9:28:27 PM
@kjj348

If only the most recent competition matters then I guess you are still upset about that 38-21 playoff butt-kicking.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/22/2017 9:06:40 AM
@tor

Possibly. But I think a few basketball championships were enough to overcome any angst. How many boys' championships are you guys getting so far this school year? Focus on bringing in those transfers. Silverbullet made some pretty good points above.

default avatar

3/22/2017 10:09:01 AM
@kjj348

Only boys championship this year is wrestling but odds are baseball will four-peat. Dematha and Gonzaga should win more than the coed schools since they have twice as many male students as do the rest of the league. The athletic program at St.Johns is vastly improved and getting stronger each year under AD Brian Griffin. Football is a top team in the area and on the verge of winning multiple championships, boys basketball were champs last year, wrestling champs this year, baseball the dominant team in the league, lacrosse improving as evidenced by nearly upsetting Prep last week (blew a 4 goal 4th quarter lead) and handling an O'Connell team 13-3 that beat DeMatha. Girls teams are very competitive as well including the basketball team that just finished #1 in the country in one poll. You hate because you know the Cadets are on the move. And by the way, the SJC incoming 9th grade football class might be the best ever in the DC area. Not bad for a "burning pile of trash".

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/22/2017 11:13:47 AM
@tor

You may be right. But that is a lot of talk for the simple answer which is: We won wrestling. The rest of what you mention, while possibly signs of improvement at the school, smacks of insecurity. When someone goes above and beyond to tell you how great things are... they typically aren't that great. You'll notice you never see Gonzaga and DM folks on here talking about how the schools are "improving" mainly because they are already credible institutions (something SJC used to be). Also, congrats on the freshman class. Hopefully your coaches don't screw those kids over in three years like they have their current students. Although, I would say the claim "might be the best ever..." is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen on this site. Do you even have more than like a three year knowledge base on Freshman football classes in the DC area? I would like to thank you for undermining your own credibility on a regular basis. It makes things pretty easy.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/22/2017 12:57:12 PM
@kjj348

Just passing along what several "credible sources" have told me. And one of them is a Gonzaga coach.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/22/2017 2:29:02 PM
@tor

Assuming what you are referencing (since you don't specify) is your assinine comment about "best freshman team ever in the DMV," I stand by my statement. That a gonzaga football coach told you that doesn't say much either as there are only a handful on the staff now who have been in this area for more than the last 4-5 years. Finally, there are plenty of coaches at Gonzaga who believe they know more than they do...

The fact is, yet again you have shown your complete lack of knowledge as well as your abundance of confidence issues in SJC. We will see in a few years how good your team is. Heck, maybe they are the best ever freshman class in DC (still making me laugh for multiple reasons), but as any HS coach worth a damn can tell you, there is a major curve in talent during the period between 14 and 18. A kid who was a stud in 8th may be a bust by his sophomore year once his peers catch up. But understanding that might take the sort of logic that is out of your grasp.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/22/2017 4:20:29 PM
@kjj348

Got it. Your "credible sources" are impeccable but all others mean nothing. I'm sure all 15 top youth league players will stink in high school...lol...I can almost hear you getting nervous.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/23/2017 8:59:07 AM
@tor

If you think you can hear people getting nervous, let alone through an internet comment board, you should probably see a doctor.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/23/2017 11:54:51 AM
@kjj348

We both obviously have more serious issues to seek help for...lol.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/23/2017 1:20:27 PM
@tor

Maybe. But I'm not the one using LOL more than my 8 year old niece and hearing people get nervous through the internet... and believing SJC doesn't bring in transfers en masse. 

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2017 SJC Football Schedule

3/23/2017 3:52:24 PM
@kjj348

Lol.

You must login to report abuse. Close