default avatar

Riverdale Baptist Baseball -- Not A High School Team

5/30/2017 8:22:16 AM

So Riverdale Baptist is about to finish ranked #1 in DC and the with two of the top players of the year.  At least six count 'em, six of their starters are home schooled and do not attend RB.  Four are from Puerto Rico. Two years ago, RB quietly let go one of their best players after they discovered he was at least 20.  This is not a high school team.  

Reply To 0vote up 1vote down
default avatar

Re: Riverdale Baptist Baseball -- Not A High School Team

6/1/2017 12:28:30 PM
@fairfax panther

There had been some rumblings that they might lose their MSA accreditation a year or so ago the next time they were up for it. If what you say is true, the rumblings make all the more sense. 

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down

6/5/2017 9:47:43 PM

Newsflash!! PR in the good ol USA and also has high schools. So what!! It is still high school baseball and I know the program.

Reply To 1vote up 0vote down
default avatar

Re: Re: Riverdale Baptist Baseball -- Not A High School Team

6/6/2017 10:48:31 AM
@parismi

^^ likely the head of the RB English department. 

Re: Re: Re: Riverdale Baptist Baseball -- Not A High School Team

9/21/2017 3:37:52 PM
@NewDC_Jon

"ignorance is bliss" How is that?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Riverdale Baptist Baseball -- Not A High School Team

9/21/2017 3:39:31 PM
@parismi

My son played at Riverdale and is going to be college graduate this year and yes he was considered a "home schooled" player to boot so.......

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Riverdale Baptist Baseball -- Not A High School Team

9/22/2017 11:05:36 AM
@parismi

Here it to hoping (for your son's sake) that the apple falls VERY far from the tree. Otherwise, that diploma isn't going to do him too much good. 

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Riverdale Baptist Baseball -- Not A High School Team

9/22/2017 11:05:19 AM
@parismi

Comically irrelevant as a response to my comment from over three months ago. Although it does give my comment even more credence based upon your grammar and (lack of) punctuation.  

9/22/2017 11:23:48 AM

Yup it doesn't fall far at all and that is good thing last time i checked. too busy running my business and missed your comments.  He will do fine based on his prospects for life after baseball. you and I both are more likely to work for him than make any progress on this blog. I defend Riverdale because their process includes goals so much higher than HS baseball. Your grammer is impeccable. Congrads you have big online muscles a real mover, shaker, and opinion maker. 

You must login to report abuse. Close