default avatar

The Heights & WCAC

6/18/2017 3:24:30 PM

As my post of 1/26/17 noted, The Heights will officially join the WCAC for all sports, except football, beginning the Fall of 2017.  The formal announcement should be coming any day now.  

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down

Re: The Heights & WCAC

6/22/2017 4:47:40 PM
@ANYONEBUTWVU
eh I'd be highly surprised. It really makes no sense for either the Heights or the WCAC. But in this day and age of over hyped high school sports who knows.
default avatar

Re: Re: The Heights & WCAC

6/23/2017 7:53:16 AM
@FrankCurry

The AD's voted them a full membership, minus the football, at a meeting at Ryken two weeks ago. This has been in the works for a while.  

Re: Re: Re: The Heights & WCAC

6/23/2017 10:37:48 AM
@ANYONEBUTWVU

and the ADs tentatively agreed to split the WCAC into two tiers for football 8ish years ago and then backed away from it once it got leaked and there was backlash.  I will believe it when I see it.

Re: The Heights & WCAC

6/23/2017 10:41:47 AM

My disbelief being noted, I will now let fantasy run wild.

If the Heights has decided to slum it with the more regular, larger Catholic schools this could open up some interesting possibilities.  Could it  bring Georgetown Prep into the fold?  Could they poach Pallotti as well?  Add enough schools and diversity and it means multiple conferences or divisions.  I would be down to see that play out.

Re: Re: The Heights & WCAC

6/23/2017 11:45:18 AM
@FrankCurry

This will be happening, and we will have more info on it in about 2 weeks. 

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: The Heights & WCAC

6/23/2017 4:39:26 PM
@DCSportsFan.com

Witholding news from us BigBro? What sort of authoritarian state has this site become?

You must login to report abuse. Close