default avatar

DeMatha Scrimmage Schedule: Anyone Know?

8/5/2017 9:26:12 AM

Unlike past years nobody is posting any information on this.  Is the SFA scrimmage open to the public?  If it is not, why?  Seneca Valley, Don Bosco and ECA were open-why not this?  

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
default avatar

Re: DeMatha Scrimmage Schedule: Anyone Know?

8/5/2017 10:24:20 PM
@BigDrop

So nobody responded.  Let's ask this:  how many of you are going to Vegas to see the game with Gorman?  I'm holding my hand up first-we have our tickets.  Who else is going?

Which of the people who are spending several thousand dollars to support DeMatha in Vegas are also going to see DeMatha play in a game reported to be against St. Francis?  Again, can someone (I who have supported DeMatha for 50+ years) send me an e-mail for the game time, date and location of this scrrimmage.  I would like to see it as much as th4 Gorman game.  Simply it is a big deal in the state of Maryland.

If the game is really happening I am having a great deal of difficulty in understanding why someone does not want lifelong fans attending it.  Again, I've seen Seneca Valley, Dos Bosco,  ECA, early season games at the La Rosa's(blown out 34-0 by Gerry Faust's Moeller in 1980), lost to St. X. in the Herbstreit but wen to AHP and won in South Florida.  I saw all these games.  I've even seen 7 on 7;s at Rutgers and Maryland.

AND I SAW BOTH BROCKTON GAMES IN 1989 AND 1990. In Brockton!  i chipped in a $1000 for Rockhurst that never happened in 2000 and have been there for other games.  Why can't I see a scrimmage with SFA?

I may be wrong but I'm having some difficulty:  is SFA really happening?  If so why can't DeMatha fans and supporters watch them?  When, where?  Understood no press, no blogs, no reports, just the visual of how we are doing.

Joe Heflin

default avatar

Re: Re: DeMatha Scrimmage Schedule: Anyone Know?

8/7/2017 4:10:35 PM
@BigDrop

Maybe they don't want to post it because they don't want it getting out, mayb Gorman will send someone up here to film it. 

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: DeMatha Scrimmage Schedule: Anyone Know?

8/7/2017 7:50:24 PM
@billbobaggins

I said too much above:  I have passionately followed DM since the mid 1960's which includes far too many of my opinions.  But I am a fan.  A long standing fan.  Not someone for a few years but someone for a half century.  

And you don't want me to know about a scrimmage, a game?

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: DeMatha Scrimmage Schedule: Anyone Know?

8/7/2017 9:41:41 PM
@BigDrop

I'm sure they not saying u personally but mayb that's the reason why they don't want it to get out.

default avatar

8/10/2017 1:49:15 PM
@BigDrop

If you are that big of a booster you would have called someone at the school directly instead of posting on a third party website. Way to overstate your importance.  I am sure anyone tied into the school has already received a copy of the schedule in the mail and has been told by someone at the school when the scrimmages are.  One donation years ago to a trip that was later cancelled does not make you DeMatha's version of Kevin Plank. 

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: DeMatha Scrimmage Schedule: Anyone Know?

8/10/2017 10:55:44 PM
@fairfax panther

You are right, one of the more stupid posts that I have made over the years.  I actually would have edited it if I could.  

8/7/2017 9:04:19 AM

I don't see the DeMatha preseason or regular season schedule listed on the DeMatha website. Can you post it here? 

8/8/2017 6:22:05 AM
@DeMathaPride

MaxPreps Game Schedule

default avatar

8/7/2017 8:02:51 PM

DeMatha plays SFA in a scrimmage that has been scheduled.  For some reading this the outcome of the scrimmage against SFA is as important-perhaps more important-than the outcome against the Vegas school.

default avatar

8/13/2017 11:13:45 PM

Anybody know how DeMatha did in last Friday's Westfield scrimmage?

You must login to report abuse. Close