default avatar

Ballou Caught Playing Guys that Missed School

11/17/2017 7:44:44 AM

Okay.....now Ballou is caught up. What is the penalty for them? Suspend those 10 players for the Turkey Bowl? Unlike HD.....Ballou probably could not recover from 10 players being suspended because they don't have the numbers. Is cheating worse than fighting? DCIAA has to make some changes IMO. When your top two programs shame the league don't peolple have to answer for that? The problem with DCIAA football is not the kids. The kids problems and their home circumstances, and all that other stuff we hear. The issues start with the adults in charge.

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
default avatar

Re: Ballou Caught Playing Guys that Missed School

11/17/2017 7:51:17 AM
@smdeagles

http://wjla.com/features/7-on-your-side/7-on-your-side-ballou-high-school-football-players-under-investigation

default avatar

Re: Ballou Caught Playing Guys that Missed School

11/17/2017 8:12:09 AM
@smdeagles

Is this a violation of a rule? Yes but Cheating Im not so sure about. The reason I say that is becasue cheating is knowingly doing something. This can happen at every school in america unless there is a system where the school admin publishes the names of all unexcused absent students daily. Without that list how would a coach know if the absence occurred and if it was excused or unexcused? Not making excuses but we have to be real with ourselves.

Again I say this is on the adults in admin not athletics. This is also an inside job by someone that wants the job

default avatar

Re: Re: Ballou Caught Playing Guys that Missed School

11/17/2017 8:35:22 AM
@BigGame

I'd agree if it were not 10 kids. One or two kids.....one or two times?....okay. But that does not appear to be the case here. A coach knows when his kids are not at school on game day...trust me. I'm sure their excuse will be what you said though.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Ballou Caught Playing Guys that Missed School

11/17/2017 12:03:50 PM
@smdeagles

Not if the coach isn't  in the building. 

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ballou Caught Playing Guys that Missed School

11/18/2017 11:44:24 AM
@coachbennett

Okay....but somebody knows. If there is a system in place to catch them there is a system in place to know.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ballou Caught Playing Guys that Missed School

11/25/2017 11:33:17 PM
@coachbennett

Wow, this is sad. I've coached at several programs where I wasn't in the building from 8-3 and I always knew the standing of thd kids in my program (including attendance). Anyone who would defend the coach isnt suited to be around kids.

default avatar

Re: Re: Ballou Caught Playing Guys that Missed School

11/18/2017 8:22:31 AM
@BigGame

Gotta start holding the AD's accountable!

default avatar

11/25/2017 11:35:11 PM
@tomslick88

Like the AD at Bullis who advocated for a football player to be readmitted after some less than legal activities....? Oh Tom, the litany of kids who would be better served by you shutting the hell up is likely endless. 

default avatar

11/25/2017 11:35:11 PM
@tomslick88

Like the AD at Bullis who advocated for a football player to be readmitted after some less than legal activities....? Oh Tom, the litany of kids who would be better served by you shutting the hell up is likely endless. 

You must login to report abuse. Close