2019 Football Rankings

1/30/2018 5:20:15 PM
BeltwayBob
1/30/2018 5:20:15 PM Report Abuse

Going through various recruting sites, it looks like the top recruits for this coming fall are as follows:

Andrew Allmond, DeMatha

Jermaine Jonhnson, DeMatha

DeMarco Hellams, DeMatha

Nick Cross, DeMatha

Jalen Green, Good Counsel

Cam Hart, Good Counsel

Lucas  Portes, Good Counsel

Mason Lunsford, Good Counsel

Joseph Wete, St. John’s

Keilan Robinson, St. John’s

Quinten Johnson, St. John’s

Dean Engram, Gonzaga

Hunter Stewart, Gonzaga

John Metchie, St. James

Jalen Williams, Landon

Bryson Shaw, Bullis

Litchfield Ajavon, Episcopal

Salim Turner-Muhammad, Episcopal

Jordan Houston, Flint Hill

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
flicker
2/1/2018 7:04:56 AM Report Abuse

Walter Rouse-Sidwell Friends

Reply To 1vote up 0vote down
tomslick88
2/1/2018 7:47:49 AM Report Abuse

Great kid! 

coaching016
2/1/2018 9:33:32 AM Report Abuse

The public schools have many prospects. It's just that these public school graduates that have there kids in private schools now refuse to acknowledge them. In the district alone you add Friendship and Woodson and they'll compete if not beat any two private schools you add together. Remember Friendship out did everyone last year as far as recruits. 

JoeT716
2/1/2018 10:24:59 AM Report Abuse

You talking about the two teams that couldn't beat Ballou? The Friendship team that lost to Spalding and got dogged by 4th place DeMatha? The Woodson team that lost to Friendship? lmao.

coaching016
2/3/2018 8:17:36 PM Report Abuse

You talking wins and losses not prospects come on be a little more intelligent than that. Woodson will have 12 to 15 of its 21 seniors sign for college scholarships. I would put that against any private school. 6 or 7 going major. Why pay twice?  Friendship as well will have enough of the seniors goings to nice schools to further there education. 

JoeT716
2/3/2018 9:25:46 PM Report Abuse

Maybe academics have something to do with it...which gets them into better universities and prepares them to succeed in college. As opposed to changing test scores and getting grades for just showing up to school...and in some cases not even having to show up (Ballou - the champs). And btw, SJC football in the last two years has players going to Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Auburn, Michigan, VaTech, Maryland, Villanova, Penn State, UConn, Yale, Towson, New Hampshire, UVA and several other D1 colleges. Where are the Woodson guys going?

coaching016
2/3/2018 11:22:32 PM Report Abuse

It's amazing how you guys are so bias towards the kids from the district. Wasn't it just last year you had Dematha kids shooting people with pellet guns at a higher institution. Go figure!  By the way every school you've named you have had at least a Woodson kid attend. You also not gonna tell me that private school doesn't change grades because if you are, then you are really out of the loop. These are mainly the same kids going to different schools. Woodson can boast about anything a private school can. This year will be no different but I don't want to give up to much before signing day. They already have kids signed to MD and Syracuse. I wonder if some of those private school kids could indure what those kids do and still stay focused enough to obtain a higher education. By the way didn't pg get busted for changing grades for the past ten years! I'm always pulling for the inner city kids. 

JoeT716
2/4/2018 10:34:30 AM Report Abuse

I never said one thing negative about the kids in DC public schools. I was responding to your statement that kids are no better off in private schools and "why pay twice". Grade changing in private schools? Getting promoted while missing over 100 days of school? Name one time you know of that this has happened in a private school. I have never heard of one case but I only go back 30 years and am not "in the loop" like you. And if Woodson has so many talented college scholarship athletes then why do they ever lose? Why can't they beat Friendship or Ballou? Must be the coaching.

coaching016
2/4/2018 10:51:47 AM Report Abuse

Mind you I don't agree with what happened at Ballou. I'm a product of private schools so I've seen it first hand. I grew up in the city and I see what they go through first hand as well. Ballou won one game against Woodson after the suspensions. Check the score with the two games before. Something like 80-24. Ok they lost. Same with friendship. Does a lost speak on the talent of your team. So do you blame coaching with Dematha ranked top ten in country with all of those losses. I bet you don't. I bet you guys are Patriots and warrior fans as well lmao. 

JoeT716
2/4/2018 10:59:19 AM Report Abuse

Thought it was obvious I'm a St.John's supporter and therefore not  remotely a fan of DeMatha. And unfortunately a fan of the Skins and Wizards...lol.

JoeT716
2/4/2018 11:01:08 AM Report Abuse

Although DeMatha's losses were all to quality teams...and they did spank Friendship.

coaching016
2/4/2018 3:24:50 PM Report Abuse

Yeah but the score doesn't indicate how the game went. Close until the fourth quarter. 

coaching016
2/4/2018 3:23:53 PM Report Abuse

Unfortunately I am as well so I feel you lol

tomslick88
2/5/2018 2:02:35 PM Report Abuse

Stop it! Kids make it from every where, its all on how they apply themselves. Some want it others dont and thats at any school. But just off the top of my head they currently have kids (last two years) at Oklahoma, Iowa St, Syracuse, Pitt and a few others. One kid just decommitted from Maryland another from USC. If you didnt know USC doesnt come across the country into our area unless they think the kid is a pro. Also the last time I checked HD Woodson was second to DM in kids "drafted" to the NFL, Dunbar was 3rd from schools in our area.

smdeagles
2/2/2018 8:08:44 PM Report Abuse

I'm a public schools guy but they can't beat the top private schools.  I think that has been proven .

coaching016
2/3/2018 8:18:58 PM Report Abuse

They've lost to the private schools but the only thing that's proven is they will only play if they think their team is stacked now that has been proven. 

Reply To 1vote up 0vote down
smdeagles
2/6/2018 11:58:20 PM Report Abuse

I am going by the DC championship results. When Gonzaga was playing in the tournament they went through HD and Friendship like a hot knife through butter. Please don't say the FCA game was close in 2014....remember that is the year the GZ seniors chose not to play....except for the QB 

BigGame
2/11/2018 8:26:08 PM Report Abuse

GZ won the game but stop using that excuse for a close game. FCA was playing with a WR at QB for that game along with a few other guys out because of injuries. GZ won period

smdeagles
1/30/2018 9:06:01 PM Report Abuse

Wete is at Gonzaga. 

I guess the public schools either have no prospects or perhaps they will skip next years season all together. ...LOL 

tomslick88
1/31/2018 3:49:01 PM Report Abuse

LMAO!

sjc4life
1/31/2018 5:13:14 PM Report Abuse

Wete probably wishes he was at SJC. 

Any of these kids commit yet? Or all of them TBD?

amitchell_319
2/1/2018 11:50:47 AM Report Abuse

They left out Tre'mon Morris Brash from St. Johns......he is going to eat this season!

New Comment

You must confirm your email to post in the forums.
You must login to report abuse. Close