Who will be the favorites this year?

2/1/2018 9:48:20 AM
coaching016
2/1/2018 9:48:20 AM Report Abuse

With SJC and Dematha having QB questions, Gonzaga returning a young stud at QB, it can be interesting. Wise and Flowers seem to be the front runners in PG. Wilson, Ballou, Friendship and Woodson all starting junior QBs. Who do you think are the favorites?  I would love to see these teams play each other more often. 

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
smdeagles
2/2/2018 8:03:12 PM Report Abuse

St. John's should win the WCAC again.  Don't count DM out.  You mentioned GZ but don't forget about GC. 

Ballou will take a step back this year.  So will HD. Friendship should be about the same.  If Wilson will ever win the Turkey Bowl it will be this year .  

Wise.  Say no more .

Bullis will be back on top in the IAC.

tomslick88
2/3/2018 8:58:16 AM Report Abuse
@smdeagles

The only thing with Ballou is they will have the numbers which makes them a threat. Along with a coach that understands what an offseason means. 

smdeagles
2/6/2018 11:40:43 PM Report Abuse
@tomslick88

Yes. Rogers is outstanding. But he will have a very inexperienced QB and lost some other key players. Not saying they disappear but I do not expect them to win it again. 

smdeagles
2/6/2018 11:50:18 PM Report Abuse
@smdeagles

I also think there will be some fallout from the attendance thing at Ballou that will impact athletics.

coaching016
2/3/2018 8:25:54 PM Report Abuse
@smdeagles

Question is why do you think Ballou and Woodson will take a step back?  Woodson probably will be stronger as a team next than this year. Just without the names that people are familiar with. They are stacked. 

smdeagles
2/6/2018 11:46:47 PM Report Abuse
@coaching016

Answered about Ballou above...as far as HD I think the same. They will have an inexperienced QB and they lost some very talented kids. I know they have plenty of talent on campus. But for example.....I don't care who is stepping up at corner they will not be as good as the two they had this year. The running back kid was special as well. Too many good players to replace at the skill positions in one year. Not saying they will be bad but just not as good as this year. HD will be in the Turkey Bowl against Wilson IMO. This year will tell us a lot about what is going on at Wilson I believe.

cmiller
2/3/2018 7:29:04 AM Report Abuse

I think GC is building a program the right way. Keep an eye on them!

Fournette2.0
2/23/2018 1:18:26 PM Report Abuse

Don't sleep on Landon. They return a lot of talent off a team that was co champs in the IAC.  Bullis should be a threat, but Landon will have a studded out defense.  Also, they don't get a lot of pub, but Flint Hill has some pretty good talent for a smaller private school. No they cannot compete with the WCAC in any fashion, but Jordan Houston (All Met) is one of the top RBs in the area.  They also have a nice QB (Miles Thompson), a kicker (Justin Duenkel) that is automatic from 45 in and is a touchback machine and safety (Tre Rucker) that tore it up in Miami at the Nike Opening.  Tom Verbanic has done a good job with a roster of about 30 players. 

Interesting to see if Coach Malloy can get BMac back on track after going 0-10.  I'm always rooting for the underdogs and lil guys.  Blessings to all

Fournette2.0
2/23/2018 1:19:24 PM Report Abuse

Also, not only is Coach Rogers a good coach, but he is a great person.  Sometimes people overlook that aspect about these coaches. 

New Comment

You must login to report abuse. Close