SJC vs SFA ????

4/16/2018 4:00:37 PM
got2bmorecareful
4/16/2018 4:00:37 PM Report Abuse

St. Frances Academy (SFA) is 45 minutes up the road - USA Today SFA ranked #3, ranked #5 in Max Prep - SJC top #25 ranked Nationally 

Soooooooo - Why isnt SJC playing SFA? 

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
silverbullet
4/16/2018 4:41:55 PM Report Abuse
@got2bmorecareful

It’s rumored SFA is playing another WCAC power. SJC won’t touch SFA. They don’t even want to play teams that play SFA, not named IMG. For some reason SJC is still mad about the 4 kids that transferred up there last year. Go figure. 

SJC isn’t ducking SFA. I will give them that. They are fearless. 

got2bmorecareful
4/16/2018 8:01:07 PM Report Abuse
@silverbullet

Those 4 kids and 4 recruits left with a SJC coach for good reasons (that coach can recruit and respects the kids).  SJC won WCAC w/o those kids.  SFA won MIAA w/those kids and finished #3 in Nation (#1 in DMV).  

Whose mad NOT the kids, I’m certain.  I assumed that the positions as an ADs or Coaches were adults - I’m mistaken.  

The game will bring National attention to DMV and be Magnified and great for the city.  Oh well DM will step up as they always do and take the game as SJC fails to establish themselves as a premier powerhouse AGAIN.  

SFA vs DM is set in September. 

JoeT716
4/16/2018 8:22:20 PM Report Abuse
@got2bmorecareful

Ignorant but well-written...lol.

silverbullet
4/16/2018 8:56:31 PM Report Abuse
@got2bmorecareful

Yea I don’t see a problem with the 4 kids heading to SFA. The transfer game giveth and taketh. Acting like a spoiled brat after the fact is beyond comedic to those on the outside looking in. 

Yes, you’re spot on concerning who is upset. It wasn’t the players. That first year was a risk taking in all those kids. They knew it wasn’t going to be looked upon in good light. When they lost it was a nightmare. The nightmare was intensified to apocalypse level when a handful of those transfers, transfered out. It made SJC look like a transfer mill. SJC did learn a lesson. They are building instead of doing the transfer bit. I commend them for that.

I’m looking forward to the DM vs SFA game. Don’t expect a SFA vs SJC game anytime soon. They are pissed and have made that well known in the scheduling community. 

dcnative10
4/20/2018 6:55:42 AM Report Abuse
@silverbullet

Pot meet Kettle

No Coach/team has any right to be mad about a transfer in the WCAC and MIAA. 

got2bmorecareful
4/20/2018 10:01:26 AM Report Abuse
@dcnative10

SFA previously scheduled to play St. Thomas Aquinus (FL) ESPN National Opener at UMD; however, Aquinus allegedly wanted that money bag to travel and play.  SFA said no to bag and travel to FL; so DM will take SFA spot and represent DMV. 

Not fond of DM but respect their organization because they play EVERYBODY regardless 

NewDC_Jon
4/20/2018 2:16:38 PM Report Abuse
@silverbullet

Silver, double check that comment on SJC. It isn't just Hawaiian quarterbacks they've brought in as transfers for next year. It's not an Oak Hill (yet) but it isnt too far off. 

silverbullet
4/20/2018 2:28:14 PM Report Abuse
@NewDC_Jon

I know. That was a dumb move on my part. I knew more were on the way, but not yet confirmed. At this point, I don’t know when to use my mulligan. I’ll wait a few months.

JoeT716
4/20/2018 6:24:05 PM Report Abuse
@silverbullet

Be careful...you know DeMatha will have more transfers this season than SJC...and it may not be close.

silverbullet
4/20/2018 10:30:39 PM Report Abuse
@JoeT716

Yea DM will have a few transfers. None will need housing...

JoeT716
4/20/2018 10:53:55 PM Report Abuse
@silverbullet

How many is a few? 3? 5? 8? 10? And is it better to take players from other local schools or from those out of area? I missed the memo you sent out that said which was less ethical.

silverbullet
4/20/2018 11:07:49 PM Report Abuse
@JoeT716

If you find where I said I think SJC is being unethical, post it. I’ll eat my hat. Until then, drop the guilty conscience. You’ve got this weird paranoia thing going on. 

Look people are going to take jabs at what SJC does. They do it for DM when they win championships. They do it for GC when they win. The way you’re acting is the reason why people roll eyes at SJC. Stop acting like a chick.

JoeT716
4/20/2018 6:56:35 PM Report Abuse
@NewDC_Jon

What's the acceptable number of transfers for a school to take in any given year? SJC had three last year. Oak Hill? SFA? Not close...but keep crying...that championship trophy looks good on Military Road.

NewDC_Jon
4/22/2018 11:19:36 PM Report Abuse
@JoeT716

"SJC had three last year." What a comically ignorant remark. Nah, they had a ton more than that. Everyone knows it. Congrats for illustrating just how out of the loop you are. And again, not crying. No skin in this game. I am just enjoy watching SJC become more and more of a laughingstock among the prep school community while ignorant cucks think the school is improving because of football championships. 

You're now the posterboy for the SJC booster club JoeT. And that's not a compliment. But you won't understand that. 

JoeT716
4/23/2018 12:10:07 PM Report Abuse
@NewDC_Jon

Check the rosters from the last two years...name me more than three...you are nothing but a hater and a buffoon...I'll be waiting for you to name the "ton more than that". Guess it's easier to handle watching "the evil empire" win the championship if you tell that lie.

JoeT716
4/23/2018 1:16:49 PM Report Abuse
@NewDC_Jon

Find the names of those "tons of transfers" yet?

JoeT716
4/25/2018 2:06:16 PM Report Abuse
@NewDC_Jon

Still waiting for you to name those "tons" of transfers...maybe you can get your boyfriend kjj to help you. 😜

NewDC_Jon
5/28/2018 11:53:57 PM Report Abuse
@JoeT716

Sorry for the late response cuck - I've got friends/family etc..... That said, my answer today is the same as my answer would have been a month ago - I'm not going to out minors. You back what has become a joke of a school Best to you. 

JoeT716
5/29/2018 6:15:12 AM Report Abuse
@NewDC_Jon

Oh I'm sure you have lots of friends since you're such a likable "guy"...say hi to kjj for me 😜. Naming transfers is hardly "outing" anyone...but nice try...still waiting. How about that pre-season #5 in the country rating and the #1 rated toughest schedule in the nation? Bet that chapped your a$$...lol.

JoeT716
4/20/2018 6:47:09 PM Report Abuse
@silverbullet

Any bad feelings towards SFA is not about the 5 transfers (only one of whom did they miss and obviously not terribly) but more about coaches who they thought they had a good relationship with (i.e. the Gilman connection, they scrimmaged last year, etc) suddenly bad-mouthing and spreading lies about the SJC program in recruiting 8th graders. Taking some of those guys was addition by subtraction for the Cadets.

silverbullet
4/20/2018 10:29:49 PM Report Abuse
@JoeT716

Bad mouthing? Spreading lies? I feel like I’m being Punk’d. I hope you’re kidding. If not, get Bravo on the phone, we’ve got a new Real Housewives line up and I want a finders fee. 

got2bmorecareful
4/23/2018 12:41:39 PM Report Abuse
@silverbullet

Recruting is the GAME  we live in.  It doesn’t matter if the players are OOS, Reclass, or jump from WCAC, MIAA, IAC,or Public.  

Find coaches who can RECRUIT.  But don’t get pissed off when the girl you broght to the prom exits with the team captain. C’mon man. 

SFA, DM, SJC appears to do a better job than most.  

JoeT716
4/23/2018 1:06:24 PM Report Abuse
@got2bmorecareful

Totally agree...and who is pissed? I know for a fact that only one of the players who transferred to SFA caused any disappointment...and it was somewhat understandable him wanting to reunite with his old coach. The others were either attitude problems or unwilling to buy in to the hard work that the rest of the team was putting in (one was an academic casualty). And it worked out well for everybody...this is not a problem for SJC.

darstew
4/23/2018 1:07:27 PM Report Abuse

yes

fairfax panther
4/25/2018 11:25:15 AM Report Abuse

Doesn't St. John's bring in kids who stay at the school for only a semester?  What a joke!

Bif will recruit kids from any high school team without a conscience.  

JoeT716
4/25/2018 2:10:35 PM Report Abuse
@fairfax panther

One kid (with extenuating circumstances) left after a semester...stop exaggerating. At least no twenty-three year old child molesters have been admitted. 

New Comment

You must login to report abuse. Close