Check here for updates regarding open coaching positions for the upcoming school year. You can also send openings to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connelly School of the Holy Child, a girls’ independent school in the Washington D.C. metro area, is accepting applications for the following positions:
Head Varsity Volleyball Coach
Head Junior Varsity/Varsity Assistant Volleyball Coach
Head Junior Varsity Field Hockey
Head Varsity Soccer
These positions report directly to the Athletic Director.
Qualified candidates must have previous coaching experience, have a positive coaching style, value teamwork and sportsmanship and have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of the sport. Practices take place Monday-Friday between the hours of 3:30-6:30. Games are played Monday-Friday at 4:15 or 5:30 with an occasional night or Saturday game. The season runs August 21 – November 5. These are stipend paid positions.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to AthleticEmployment@holychild.org. No phone calls please.
The Academy of the Holy Cross Athletic Department is seeking candidates for part-time coaching positions for the following sports:
Varsity Assistant Lacrosse Coach, JV Head Lacrosse Coach, JV Assistant Lacrosse Coach
JV Head Field Hockey Coach, JV Assistant Field Hockey Coach
Dive Coach (Swim & Dive Team)
JV Soccer Coach
Freshman Soccer Coach
The Academy of the Holy Cross, a Catholic College preparatory school sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Cross since 1868, is dedicated to educating young women in a Christ-centered community which values diversity. The Academy is committed to developing women of courage, compassion and scholarship who responsibly embrace the social, spiritual and intellectual challenges of the world.
- Supporting school policies, including but not limited to: sportsmanship, integrity, accountability, dedication and effort
- Maintaining the school's mission and philosophy throughout the season, and developing and teaching programmatic systems
consistent with the athletic program
- Working in association with Athletic Trainer in event of injury
- Planning and managing practices with written practice plans and game strategies
- Traveling to/from away games with team
- Serving as mentor to current students
- Attending parent-coaches pre-season meetings
- Maintaining and exemplifying appropriate conduct towards officials, opposing coaches and players
|Coaching and playing experience at the high school and/or collegiate level|
Ability to work with and motivate students of all skill levels
Punctuality at practices and games
Consistent attendance at practices and games
Student focused with emphasis on fundamentals and building high level for learning
|Debbie Brown, Director of Human Resources|
4920 Strathmore Ave.
Kensington, Maryland 20895