Alexandria (VA) Bishop Ireton HS has immediate opening for an Assistant Director of Athletics, Certified Athletic Trainer to provide the appropriate medical support, education, and advice to athletes and guardians, the coaching staff, and the AD regarding injuries, conditions and sports medicine-related issues in a proactive as well as reactive manner. This position is required to maintain all athletic-related medical information, including, but not limited to sports medicine policies and procedures, certified athletic physical exam records establishing fitness for physical activities, documentation of injuries, illnesses, and pre-existing conditions that may impact wellness and ability for athletes to compete safely. When appropriate, provide medical treatment, physical therapy, rehabilitative treatment for injuries and conditions related to an athlete’s ability to compete, including the appropriate time to return to normal activities. This position will also evaluate coaches on proficiency, administrative duties and mentorship. This position will assist the AD with grade monitoring of student athletes and assume the responsibilities of the AD in his/her absence.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred. Graduate from an accredited undergraduate or graduate athletic training program required.
- Experience: Two years of experience preferred.
- Licensure/certification/registration: NATA BOC certification and Virginia Athletic Training license required.
- Additional skills required: Excellent customer service, written and oral communication, basic computer application skills, and ability to multitask. Facility with or willingness to learn school management software (Blackbaud).
- Additional skills preferred: Hold or ability to hold Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES), Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) certification(s).
Additional information may be found on our website: https://www.bishopireton.org/page/about/job-opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 403(b) and pension. Candidates interested in joining this dynamic, faith-centered organization are invited to send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: July 27, 2018.