Week 2 Football Power Rankings

9/4/2018 2:22:16 PM
DCSportsFan.com
9/4/2018 2:22:16 PM Report Abuse

DCSportsFan Football Power Rankings (Week 2)

1. Gonzaga (2-0)

2. St. John’s (2-0)

3. Good Counsel (1-0)

4. Bullis (1-0)

5. Wilson (2-0)

6. DeMatha (1-1)

7. Friendship Collegiate (1-0)

8. Roosevelt (2-0)

9. Landon (1-0)

10. McNamara (1-1)

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
Follow us on Twitter @DCSportsFan
ANYONEBUTWVU
9/7/2018 10:12:23 AM Report Abuse

That is a pretty high ranking for Bullis after beating a Carroll team in a game that was competitive far longer than it should have been.  

UncleRico
9/4/2018 2:55:12 PM Report Abuse

So DeMatha loses one game to a top 10 team in the country and you rank them 6th locally? And you put Gonzaga on top of St. Johns? This ish is crazy!

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?...Yeah...Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.
Pinebarrens
9/4/2018 3:28:38 PM Report Abuse

I can see DeMatha being #5, but no higher.  We know that Wilson shouldn't be above them.  But did you see the DeMatha game against STA?  They were totally owned.  Granted their opponent is a national power.  But given how poor their showing was in that game, i don't see how they should be ranked higher than the current top four.

lbaxter
9/4/2018 3:02:03 PM Report Abuse

You sound like everyone crying on Facebook. St. John's is good, but they are bringing in outside talent. Prove they can consistenly win with a new QB every year. Where is the QB coming from next year? Alaska? 

DeMathaPride
9/4/2018 3:05:21 PM Report Abuse

Gonzaga's QB is the best in the area, but I don't think they win it this year. 

bigpeete1
9/4/2018 4:23:56 PM Report Abuse

SJC is going to be no.1 in the country so DC sport fan rankings means nothing

Reply To 1vote up 0vote down
BeltwayBob
9/5/2018 11:53:12 AM Report Abuse

A victory over Hooover is impressive, but it's been a while since they were on MTV's "Two-a-Days". Im not sure they're still as good as they were during their days of MTV fame. 

sjc4life
9/5/2018 12:08:58 PM Report Abuse

What the hell are you talking about? 

Reply To 1vote up 0vote down
amitchell_319
9/6/2018 11:00:41 AM Report Abuse

Here is the truth this site has alway leaned toward Dematha and Gonzaga it is very obvious because as soon as the tables turned and SJC starts winning this site goes all but dark..... Before this site was buzz with how much a Dumpster Fire SJC was and how the Football team is the "Cupcake Cadets".  Stand all of the "Big 4" schedules together and you will find that GZ has a cakewalk...If they lose a single out of confernce game its a Shame! they played it so safe.... And what does MTV have to do with the 2018 Hoover Team the 21st ranked team according to MaxPreps that put up 51 points the week before only allowing 14 points against Bo Nix and Pinson Valley....... But GZ beating up on a lame ass Gilman team carries more weight becase Hoover isnt on MTV anymore.......  OKay! Cool!

President Trump
9/7/2018 12:58:08 PM Report Abuse

Hey! Watch what you say about Gilman! Your best QB in the last 30 years came out of there! in all fairness, the dumpster fire comments were in reference to SJC's lacrosse team. also, the reason no one ever cared about SJC on this site is because until about 5 years ago, they were not worth talking about in anything other than basketball. fast forward to now and sprinkle some plank money along the way with a few QB transfers from outside the area and a geriatric coach from NY and you finally get a championship caliber team. I respect it. At least DM and GC kept their poaching to within 60 or so miles when they built their dynasties. BTW, you have at least 4 more championships to go before you are on their level. Otherwise, you are just a flash in the pan. sad.

cmiller
9/6/2018 7:13:01 AM Report Abuse

This weekend will tell a lot with Gonzaga taking on Don Bosco. 

HailPurp
9/7/2018 11:45:18 PM Report Abuse

There is no reason Bullis and Wilson should ever be ahead of DeMatha

New Comment

You must login to report abuse. Close