WCAC Question

10/1/2018 2:55:39 PM
amitchell_319
10/1/2018 2:55:39 PM Report Abuse

So at what point would a Metro division team move up to the Capitol division and visa versa?  It seems at this point that SMR is the stronger team heaeded into league play and can win the Metro.  How would they do in the Capitol Division?  Would BMac be more sucessful in the Metro division?  Head to head SMR beat BMac 30-7 and BMac was sucessful against Carroll and Bishop Ireton.  Is Ryken ready to compete with DM, GC, GZ & SJC?

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
theguru
10/1/2018 5:43:02 PM Report Abuse

I think they revsit the alignment every two years. I think McNamara is better off in the Metro while a team like Ryken can dominate recruiting in Southern Maryland and compete with the big dogs. 

foodforthought
10/1/2018 7:47:43 PM Report Abuse

I agree that Mac would probably be better off in the Metro but that probably will never happen. Alumni would never allow them to be relagated to the "lower" division even though they don't get the consistent talent needed to compete with the other 4 schools. 

amitchell_319
10/2/2018 9:54:23 AM Report Abuse

You are most likey right about the Alumni not wanting to go to the Metro division....But If you do take a couple of seasons in the metro to rebuild your recruitment can improve with some success in the Metro.  Bmac will not be able to pull talent over "the Big 4" constantly being beat every season for the sake of the alumni.  I think over the next couple of seasons Carroll will benefit from this.

smdeagles
10/2/2018 2:11:55 PM Report Abuse

With all due respect to the alimni....BMC should move to the "lower" division. They just can't compete and eventually finishing last every year will destroy what little program they have now.

amitchell_319
10/2/2018 2:26:19 PM Report Abuse

I agee 100%

macanthony1982
10/2/2018 3:33:00 PM Report Abuse

if bmac has the worst record for like two years in a row they will move to the lower division..   nothing wrong with this, its a good way to groom your talent, its been working in DCIAA..   couple of years ago a team like Eastern could not even field a team, now they are in the DCIAA Stars division...  

macanthony1982
10/2/2018 3:30:28 PM Report Abuse

this is very similar to DCIAA "Stars" and "Stripes" division, if a team in the lower division (Stripes) wins the champoinship two years in a row, they will move up to the "Stars" division, replacing the Stars team with the worst record that year.

BBALLDADDY
10/15/2018 4:10:37 PM Report Abuse

Playing Ireton and DM, SJC, GZ, and GC are two different things.  If the current Ryken coach stays at the school for more than 3 years, I can see them recruiting well enough to compete but if he leaves after the 3rd year, they will be starting over again.  

New Comment

You must confirm your email to post in the forums.
You must login to report abuse. Close