Big WCAC Football Weekend

10/8/2018 10:56:58 AM
lbaxter
10/8/2018 10:56:58 AM Report Abuse

We saw that no team is safe in the WCAC when conference play begins. Hats off to Good Counsel and their win over Gonzaga Saturday. Game could've gone either way in my opinion. Would love to hear predictions for this Friday. And should be a great turnout for both games. 

Gonzaga at DeMatha, Friday, 7 PM

Good Counsel vs. St. John's at Catholic, Friday, 7 PM

Reply To 1vote up 0vote down
sjc4life
10/8/2018 11:23:42 AM Report Abuse

Love that the game is Friday night at Catholic. I think SJC and Gonzaga should play there. Or Georgetown. Somewhere nuetral that isn't a public high school in the middle of nowhere. Having said that:

DeMatha 31, Gonzaga 28

St. John's 44, Good Counsel 21

Reply To 1vote up 0vote down
DCPublic
10/8/2018 12:01:35 PM Report Abuse

DeMatha 28, Gonzaga 27

St. John's 30, Good Counsel 20

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
dicooper
10/8/2018 3:42:46 PM Report Abuse

I think that SJC could lose this game.  If there is a proverbial trap game on their schedule, then this is it.  This is the biggest WCAC game of the year and there is bound to be plenty of drama and a breakout performance or two.  Falcons fly by three on the big stage.

DeMatha is coming off a bye so they should be ready to pound down Gonzaga.  Marshawn Lloyd didn't play against Avalon either, and these stat columns just don't fill themselves so...  Gonzaga can keep things interesting because of Caleb Williams but I'm guessing that things don't go his way this time.

Lucky for me, I can watch both.

stone
10/8/2018 4:45:26 PM Report Abuse

How can you watch both? Aren't they on at the same time? 

dicooper
10/9/2018 2:21:41 AM Report Abuse

Both games are streaming on the internet.  I have ESPN plus, and the NFHS network.  I have two computers.  It is the most fun that I am allowed to have on a Friday night (early Saturday morning in Spain) these days.  

hogchild
10/9/2018 10:44:59 AM Report Abuse

I'll be at Catholic. Love that they are playing there. 

New Comment

You must confirm your email to post in the forums.
You must login to report abuse. Close